Caring for those living with Dementia requires knowledge, experience, understanding and compassion. A loved one that has been diagnosed with or exhibits symptoms of Alzheimer’s Disease or other forms of Dementia will benefit from the structure and security of our specialized unit. We offer a welcoming domestic and home-like environment that compensates for disability and maximizes independence while stimulating and promoting the overall well-being of the resident.
Located along the Indian Ocean with a 190 degree sea view, peacocks raising their feathers and the sound of peace for all to heal, we welcome you to the Jura Care Village, a specialized Alzheimer’s and Dementia care village on a 42 hectare coastal estate.
Amenities & Services
Jura Care offers the following Amenities in its home-like environment:
- Private and semi-private en suite bedrooms furnished or partly furnished to enable the resident to include some own familiar furniture.
- Home-like setting with a beautifully appointed common area including a living room, dining room, activity room and home-like kitchen.
- Social, recreational and wellness activities designed to enrich the lives of residents with Dementia.
- Snoezelen Room that delivers stimuli to various senses with the use of light effects, colour, sounds, music, scents, kinaesthetic objects, etc.
- Daily personal housekeeping (Cleaning of rooms and laundry services)
- All home cooked meals (3 times daily), snacks in-between meals and refreshments prepared in a home-like kitchen designed by Dieticians.
- Enclosed sensory garden courtyard for secure and private outdoor enjoyment that includes an aviary, hot house, workshop, tea garden and visitor’s playground.
- 24 hour CCTV and security cameras on the premises.
- Medical management.
- Transportation for medical, dentist and other appointments.
The Training Facility will provide high quality training, workshops, mini conference and meetings about Dementia care and aspects of old age mental health for:
- Health and Social Care Professionals
- Care Home Managers and their care staff
- Voluntary Sector Organizations
- Family and relatives of people effected by Dementia
The Training Facility will also serve as an activity room for our residents of the Dementia Care Facility.
Jura Care offers the opportunity for the loved ones of our patients to not only visit their beloved briefly, but stay on the farm close to the Caring Facility for a certain amount of time. This Visitors Accommodation that is available will be provided as self-catering Cottages walking distance away from the Caring Facility. The visitors accommodation also serves to accommodate those who attend training courses, workshops and conferences in the Training/Conference Facility. Thus our visitors accommodation is ideal for:
- Family and relatives visiting residents of the Care Home
- Trainees of the courses offered within the Jura Training Centre